GreenPower Contactors safely and reliably switch lighting ballasts and fans on and off according to the schedule that you set on the contactors timer.
Each of the contactors sockets is individually switchable, so you don't need to run all the grow lights all the time.
Every aspect of Green Power Contractors is designed with safety and reliability in mind
- Made from steel
- Galvanised wall-mountable back plate the width of the entire unit
- Thick rubberised cable no risk of light degradation
- Built-in Grasslin timers
- UK designed and built
- 2 year warranty
These are heavy duty contactors which send power to the ballasts bank-by-bank to avoid big surges and they feature
- Circuit breakers
- Time delays to protect ballasts in the event of short power failures
- Battery reserve on the timer.
Note: Commercial units must be hardwired by a qualified electrician.
Why use a Contractor?
Plants need a period of darkness, so most growers set a timer to turn their grow lights on and off at specific times. The HPS and HiD grow lamps generate a large spike in electricity when switching on.
Without a contactor this electrical spike travels through the timer and is enough to cause the timer to burn-out, leaving the grow lights in the on or off position until you manually switch them.
With a contractor the power goes through the robust switching components of the contractor. The surge doesn't go through the timer itself, so theres no risk of burn-out.
How It Works
- Plug your ballasts and fans into the Green Power Contractor.
- Load the Green Power contractor evenly, so if you are using 4 ballasts in a Green Power 6 unit plug 2 ballasts into each side.
- Plug the contractor into the wall sockets.
- Set the timer on the contractor with the desired lights on period. If you are plugging a fan into the contractor the fan will also switch on at the same time as the lights.
Available in 6 way and 8 way
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.